I will be updating this thread when more progress on this is made.
The VE models come from mostly Forza but a few other scratch made parts are included. (I haven't modeled any of it) It's going to take a while because all of the parts are in .max format and all the parts are centered. Plus when I export to .3ds some parts like to move about and require moving back to their original spot. The rFactor folders is where I have the most trouble so i'll probably ask for help with config files alot. My last mod was a Lexus SC300/SC400, which I gave up on because the problems got worse as I tried to fix them. I also tried to convert Fujimi Kaido from Forza, i couldn't figure out the textures and abandoned that too. I am determined to finish this mod if it kills me, mainly because it is a school project but also because there aren't enough Australian cars in rFactor for drifting or just racing. Suspension info is almost non existent so it will be mostly educated guessing and trial and error, engines aren't a problem because their info is everywhere and the tires will be pretty simple to just borrow RealFactor tires of the correct size.
I hope this mod will bring happiness to many Aussies and Australian car enthusiasts in the rFactor community.
This picture is the result of a weeks hard work and a lot of trial and error, I started from the earliest Commodore I could find because the VE models I have are in a million pieces and were frustrating me to no end. So I decided to go onto CommoConfigurator to make some cars and calm down when I had an idea to grab some of the parts for the VE. Most of the parts didn't fit properly and looked funny when used on a HD model chassis, so I went back and started grabbing the stationwagons because I love the wagons XD After doing that I had to make some sacrifices to quality to have the car in-game, things like the interior are a crappy generic model that the car maker spits out and I made it so it is only seen from inside the car. I made the windows black because of some weird shadown and stuff inside the body clipping all over the place. The wagon still needs some chassis modifications to fit the front bumpers properly. This is the most completed part of the mod at the moment, a VB Sedan. The next model after that is the VH because the VB and VC were so similar it wasn't worth the making of the model I assume (it's not on commoconfig) however there is no shortage of body parts being shared between models. The VB only has the chassis, hood and head/taillights, the rest is VH, VK and VL parts. Also I have practically stolen the wheels from the RX3 and Soarer mods, at least until I can find some older generation holden rim 3d models. If there is any interest I will make an alpha upload with the VB sedan and wagon, dont wanna upload just to have noone appreciate the pain and anguish of putting this together you know.
I got up to the VS then some weird shit started happening to my VN, they sorta tried swapping parts and errors ensued. I have the VB through to the VL working though, stopped working on the rest until I find the problem.
If you guys know someone that is good with the code files that is still active in the community then I'll be happy to send the problem files their way or even just upload the mod as-is and work from the VY/VZ backwards.
I mentioned in an earlier post that I wont be working on the VE till last because of the sheer amount of parts to deal with from the source.
I have adopted the R32 suspension considering the old suspension had the wheel lock glitch and the R32 was the only car I could think of that was the same size with as much adjustability as I wanted.
My internet has been pretty sketchy recently so I cant upload a newer video at the moment, the cars handle, look and sound completely different from the alpha video above.
I hope to eventually release this but it is slow progress as with all mods, especially when interest is lost. But I can feel it coming back progressively and stronger than before.
Thank You for reading all of this, had to make up for all the updates I missed.